About Our Curriculum
We are very proud of the creative and dynamic curriculum that we offer our eager students.
Through project based learning, students tackle a challenging academic curriculum in ways that are fun, engaging, meaningful and adaptable to a variety of learning styles. Our curriculum follows New York State educational standards.
In addition to comprehensive language arts, math, science, and social studies, each student attends specialized classes in music and physical education. An exciting calendar of special events and local field trips add to our stimulating programs.
Our students truly develop a love of learning that lasts them a lifetime!
Our curriculum includes the following crucial developmental areas:
- Art, Music, Physical Education, Cooking, Sharing and Conversation time
- Stories, songs, calendar
- Games and gross motor activities
- Fine motor development through cutting , coloring, drawing, writing and table top manipulatives
- Hand writing
- Beginning reading, Sight words
- Field trips throughout our community
- Science and Nature activities
- Celebration of all holidays, Seasonal activities and birthdays
- A myriad of additional nurturing and educational experiences
This is where it all begins... Pierce is a child's introduction to formal education, providing a positive experience, and setting the stage for a lifelong love of learning. Pierce is a place that smiles...a happy, secure and active place.
Our curriculum is developmentally appropriate and supports children's growth- socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically. Our students have countless experiences that help them to grow into compassionate and caring individuals.
"Education is not the filling of a pail,
but the lighting of a fire."