Pierce Country Day School Transportation to and from
For those families who choose Pierce transportation, we own and operate our own fleet of buses. All vehicles are maintained to the highest safety standards by our certified mechanics at Pierce Coach Lines Inc. in accordance with all the requirements of the NY State Department of Transportation (DOT).
- All Pierce Country Day School buses are driven by our CDL certified teachers.
- All of our drivers receive annual bus driver safety training classes as required. Driver's license reviews are conducted periodically.
- Service is door to door in our air-conditioned fleet. For safety's sake, children must always be "accepted' by an adult familiar to us and present in the home.
- All vehicles are equipped with two-way radios which allow for constant communication between our office and our vehicles at all times. All teacher/drivers contact our office via radio at the beginning and end of each route.
- All students must be properly buckled up for safety purposes at all times.
- All vehicles are equipped with approved "car seats" as required by law.
- Parent requests for changes in transportation are accommodated wherever possible. Any change must be within pre-established transportation boundaries.
- Play dates must be called in to our office by both sets of parents, and can only be accommodated when space is available on the vehicle. As much advance notification as possible is appreciated.
- Parents wishing to pick their child up early at school should make arrangements in advance with our front office. Your child will be brought to the office by a teacher and you can sign them out when you arrive.
Our buses carry a very precious cargo…Your children!